Monday, December 26, 2011

Quotable Casandra, Part II

(From one day in my journal, November 15, 2011)

I was feeling particularly quotable today.
Today I dipped my cup in the pool of contentment. Tomorrow I’m jumping in.
Things must exist first in our minds before manifesting in our lives.
After my mother-in-law hemmed my work pants for my new job, I said, “I have pants...and I’m prepared to use them.”
I’ve been complaining about the same issues for years. They’ve been like an iceberg. Did the iceberg just move?
I said to my husband:  “I have something exciting to tell you. I bounced up the stairs today and sang the Smurf song “La la la-la la la” for three seconds.” My husband looked as if to ask “And?”  “That’s it!” I said.  My spouse still looked confused.  I explained, “I was worry-free for 3 seconds. Tomorrow I’m shooting for 4.”

http://images.pictureshunt.com/pics/s/smurf_and_smurfette-5280.jpg
I’ve been looking for contentment all of my life.  Is it possible I‘ve found it?
My hair has gone through periods of trauma, just like me. I secretly wondered, when my hair was healthy again, I might be healthy too.  My hair looks sleek and shiny today. Watch out world!
I go to bed happy. Is it possible to wake up happy too? I keep waiting for it to stick, like in “The Groundhog Day” movie.
The dance of healing:  we take two steps forward and one step back.  I won’t expect perfection in the journey of healing.